- 1 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 ½ cups dried red lentils
- Peel brown onion and garlic cloves and finely dice. Set aside.
- Wash the carrots and celery under cold water and finely dice. Set aside.
- Dice the potato and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add the diced carrot and celery and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the stock, potatoes and red lentils. Stir well to combine then cover with the pot lid and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer with the lid off for approximately 1 hour or until the lentils are soft and cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Feeding Kids Tip: Serve a small amount of a new food to start with. If your child doesn’t like it, not much is wasted, and the rest can go in the fridge to try again tomorrow.