10-minute breakfast bruschetta
1 tomato, cut into 1cm pieces
1 red capsicum, seeds removed, diced
⅓ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 cup baby spinach and rocket mix
4 slices multigrain bread, toasted
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Simmer water add eggs and cook for 5 minutes.
- While the eggs cook get a bowl of iced water to put the eggs in when the 5 minutes is up.
- Combine tomato, capsicum, basil and spinach/rocket.
- When eggs are cool gently tap the shell on the bench so that the shell breaks and gently peel it off. Cut eggs in half.
- Top the toast with tomato, eggs, and drizzle over some olive oil.
Feeding Kids Tip: You can also pair the bruschetta with scrambled or fried eggs instead.