Baked broccoli-cheddar quinoa bites
½ cup quinoa
¾ cup finely chopped broccoli
¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Salt, to season
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 16 cups of a 24-cup mini muffin pan with paper liners or coat with cooking spray.
- Cook quinoa with 1/8 tsp. salt according to package directions. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, Cheddar, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and the remaining 1/4 tsp. salt to the quinoa. Stir in egg.
- Divide the quinoa mixture among the prepared muffin cups, pressing firmly with lightly moistened fingers. Mist the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake until golden, 22 to 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes, then remove to the rack to cool completely.
Feeding Kids Tip: With your help, kids from about 3-5 years old can mix and spoon into cups. Getting them involved in cooking can help them eat new foods.