Beef burgers & sweet potato wedges
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ brown onion
- ½ medium carrot
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 250g beef mince
- 4 wholemeal bread rolls
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Wash sweet potatoes under cold water. Cut into pieces. Arrange on a large baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Cook for 20 minutes in the oven. Turn the potatoes over and roast for another 15 minutes or until crispy.
3. Peel and finely dice the onion and garlic cloves. Wash and grate the carrot. Add onion, garlic and carrot to a large bowl.
4. Add flour and breadcrumbs. Mix together until flour and breadcrumbs are coating the vegetables. Add egg and beef mince. Mix until combined.
5. Shape mixture into 4 burgers with hands.
6. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Fry beef burgers for 5-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through. The burgers should be brown all the way through when cooked, not pink.
7. Place beef burgers on a wholemeal roll with lettuce, tomato slices and cheese. Serve with sweet potato wedges.
Feeding Kids Tip: Try adding a vegetable you know children like to new meals - this can help them try new things. You could add grated carrot or cucumber slices to the roll.