Beetroot and cottage cheese dip
1 x 425g tin sliced beetroot, drained
½ cup cottage cheese
1 tbsp. dried dill
2 tbsp. lemon juice
½ tsp. pepper
To serve: Assorted vegetables cut into sticks
To serve: Wholemeal pita bread
- Open tin and drain beetroot into colander with a bowl underneath to catch the juice for use in another recipe.
- Finely dice beetroot slices. Use gloves if desired to avoid staining hands.
- Transfer the diced beetroot into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the cottage cheese and mash together.
- Add the dill, lemon juice and pepper and mix well.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve with vegetable sticks and pita bread.
Tip: Leftover beetroot juice can be added to a morning juice or smoothie.