Chicken and Carrot Casserole
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. tomato paste(no added salt)
2 large potatoes, diced
2 chicken breasts or 4 thigh fillets, chopped into 3cm pieces
1 large carrot, diced
1 large zucchini, diced
2 tbsp. dried mixed herbs
2 cups water + 1 salt reduced chicken stock cube
1 tin white beans, drained & washed
1 tin diced tomatoes
- Add olive oil to a large, deep frypan on medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and garlic and stir for 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces, stirring for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the potatoes, carrot, zucchini and dried mixed herbs. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the chicken stock and diced tomatoes. Stir well and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans and cook for another 5 minutes or until broth thickens. Serve with a slice of wholemeal bread and salad.
Tip: No need to peel potato, carrot and zucchini. Keep the skins on for a waste free meal.