1 ½ cup dried basmati rice
2 tablespoons olive oil
500g skinless chicken breast, diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
1 large brown onion, chopped
3 tablespoons red curry paste
3 teaspoons ginger, grated
1 medium red capsicum, diced
1 medium green capsicum, diced
2 small zucchinis, chopped
6 medium button mushrooms, sliced
1 medium head broccoli, chopped
400ml can coconut milk
1 cup frozen peas
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 lime, juiced
½ bunch of coriander, roughly chopped, to serve
- In a large saucepan, add rice and 500mL water and bring it to boil, turn the heat to a simmer, cover with lid and cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- In a large fry pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and cook chicken over medium high heat until browned. Set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add garlic, onion, curry paste and ginger and cook until onions become soft.
- Add chicken, red and green capsicums, zucchini, mushroom, and broccoli. Stir and cook for 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked.
- Add coconut milk to the pan with peas, fish sauce and lime juice. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve curry over warm rice and garnish with coriander
Tip For a vegetarian version, replace chicken breast with chickpeas, tofu, or tempeh.