Cook Well Eat Well
- 6 slices bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp Vegemite
- 6 eggs
- salt + pepper
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a muffin tray with baking paper or grease with butter or oil.
- Cut crusts off bread. Keep the crusts in a container.
- Flatten bread slices with rolling pin or a can of tinned vegetables.
- Add spreads such as butter, wholegrain mustard or Vegemite.
- Place a slice of bread into each muffin tin in the tray.
- Crack an egg into each muffin tin.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top of each egg.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the oven then allow to cool before serving.
Feeding Kids Tip: Try adding a vegetable you know children like to new meals - this can help them try new things. Tinned corn or beans or frozen peas could be added after the egg.