Cook Well, Eat Well
Evolution Potato Salad
750g new potatoes
3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
a small bunch of fresh chives
Zest of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Peel the potatoes and chop any larger ones in half, leaving the smaller ones whole. When the water is boiling, add the potatoes to the pan and bring back to a boil for about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of your potatoes. Test them with the point of a knife to make sure they’re cooked through.
- As soon as they’re ready, drain them well in a colander and put them into a bowl. The trick is to dress the potatoes while they’re still hot. Mix the extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl – if you’re only taking this to stage one or two, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to your dressing, instead of only 3 teaspoons – this will make the consistency just right.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and stir well. Toss the hot potatoes in the dressing. Serve right away as it is, or move on to the next steps...
- Finely chop the fresh chives and sprinkle them over the potatoes. Toss well before serving.
- Toss the dressed potato salad and chives with the lemon zest and yoghurt, then serve.
Feeding Kids Tip: Serve a small amount of a new food to start with. If your child doesn’t want to eat it, not much is wasted, and the rest can go in the fridge to try again tomorrow.