Cook Well, Eat Well
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine flour and baking powder in a medium-size bowl.
- Add butter and pinch with fingers until it resembles a crumb texture.
- Add water and mix with hands until it forms a sticky dough.
- Roll onto a floured bench top. Knead for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Leave the dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Knead dough for another 1 minute. Portion the dough into golf ball size balls.
- Place each ball between 2 sheets of baking paper. Flatten with hands or roll with a rolling pin.
- Heat olive oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Cook each flatbread for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until slightly browned.
Feeding Kids Tip: Young children can help to mix and knead. Older children (from about 7 years) could do most of the steps before cooking. Getting them involved can help them eat new foods.