- 1 x 400g can brown lentils
- 2 cups plain basmati rice
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon currants
- 3 cups water
- 1 handful slivered almonds
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Drain can of brown lentils into a sieve and rinse under cold water.
- Add rice, turmeric, currants, lentils and water to a pot over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 30 minutes until the rice is soft and water is absorbed.
- Served with slivered almonds and a dollop of Greek yoghurt.
Feeding Kids Tip: If this is a new food for your children, try to eat with them and eat the same food. Then children are more likely to eat and enjoy it too.