Kale, Green Lentils and Rice Bowl topped with Fried Egg
2 teaspoons oil
1 onion, ends and papery skin removed then finely chopped
1 red capsicum, remove core and seeds and dice the flesh
200g (1 cup) corn kernels
1 bunch kale, remove stalk (vein) and discard, slice leaves
400g can brown lentils, drain liquid and rinse with water
3 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat oil in a large wok or frying pan over a high heat, add onion and cook for 2- 3 minutes.
- Add the capsicum, corn and kale and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the lentils and rice, toss together until combined and rice and lentils are heated through.
- In a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, add a small amount of oil and fry the eggs until cooked how you like them.
- Spoon the rice onto a bowl or plate and top with the egg
Tip: Turn up the heat on this one by adding some sambel oelek, grated ginger and garlic and a dash of tamari soy sauce.