Lentil and Veggie Bake
1 x onion, diced
1 x leek, diced
2 x garlic, crushed
1 x sweet potato, diced into small squares
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 cans of cooked lentils
1 x eggplant, diced into small squares
1 cup mushrooms, diced
1 x zucchini, diced into small squares
2 cups spinach
2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
1 handful fresh basil
1/4 cup parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200⁰C.
- Place some extra virgin olive oil in a heated fry pan to medium heat and add the onion and leek.
- After 2 minutes add the garlic.
- After another minute add the sweet potato and oregano and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the lentils, eggplant, mushrooms, zucchini, spinach, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
- Stir well cooking for another 2-3 minutes and then pour the mixture into a baking dish.
- Crumble over the ricotta and parmesan and bake for 20 minutes.
Feeding Kids Tip: If a child doesn’t like something the first time they try it, it doesn’t mean they never will. Try lentils again in another meal like Lentil Bolognese.