Lentil Burgers & Sweet Potato Wedges
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 x 400g can brown lentils
- ½ brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ carrot
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 wholemeal bread rolls
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato
- 4 slices cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Wash sweet potatoes under cold water. Cut into wedges. Arrange on a large baking tray and drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Cook for 20 minutes in the oven. Turn the potatoes over and roast for another 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Drain the can of brown lentils into a sieve and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Peel and finely dice the onion and garlic cloves. Wash and grate the carrot. Add onion, garlic and carrot to a large bowl.
- Add flour and breadcrumbs to bowl. Mix together until flour and breadcrumbs are coating the vegetables. Add egg and brown lentils. Mix until combined.
- Shape mixture into 4 burgers with hands.
- Heat a frypan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Fry lentil burgers for 5-7 minutes on each side or until brown.
- Place lentil burgers on a wholemeal roll with lettuce, tomato slices and cheese. Serve with sweet potato wedges.
Feeding Kids Tip: With your help, kids from about 3 years old can mix and shape into burgers. Getting them involved in cooking can help them eat new foods.