1 tsp oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 carrot, grated
1/4 zucchini, grated
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
to taste pepper
1 x 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
1 x 400g can no-added-salt brown lentils
1 tbs Parmesan cheese
120 g spaghetti or other pasta
- Cook pasta according to packet directions and drain.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add carrot and zucchini, stirring until well mixed. Lower heat, cover and cook for 5minutes.
- Add tomatoes, lentils, herbs and pepper to vegetables, turn up the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese
Recipe from livelighter.com.au © State of Western Australia 2012, reproduced with permission
Tip: Use up whatever fresh or frozen veggies you have in this sauce. Pumpkin, eggplant, and green beans all work well.