- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 can tinned tomatoes
- 500g pasta shells
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin, roasted
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Cheddar cheese, grated, to serve
- Breadcrumbs, to serve
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat the oven to 180° degrees.
- Peel garlic cloves and onion and finely dice. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large fry pan over medium- high heat.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until the onion is soft and turns clear.
- Add canned tomatoes and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until sauce begins to thicken.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain pasta using a colander or sieve.
- Stir cooked pasta through the tomato sauce. Add roasted pumpkin, ricotta cheese and mix together.
- Place the mixture into a deep baking dish. Sprinkle with desired amount of cheese. Top with a sprinkle of breadcrumbs. Season lightly with a pinch of salt
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Divide pasta bake into 4 portions and serve.
Feeding Kids Tip: Serve a small amount of a new food to start with. If your child doesn’t like it, not much is wasted, and the rest can go in the fridge to try again tomorrow.