Potato and Leek Soup
- 4 medium white potatoes
- 1 brown onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 leek
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Croutons, to serve
- Thoroughly wash the potatoes under cold water. Dice the potatoes into small cubes and set aside.
- Peel and finely dice the onion and garlic cloves and set aside in a separate bowl to the potatoes.
- To prepare the leek, cut off and discard the top green part and the end with the roots. Chop up the mostly white part of the leek and add to the bowl with onion and garlic.
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan over medium-high heat and add the garlic, onion and leek. Sauté until the onion and leek are soft and clear. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the potatoes into the medium saucepan. Pour in the vegetable stock, stir and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat and bring the mixture to a simmer. Partially cover the saucepan with a lid. Leave it to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl and sprinkle with croutons and a dash of olive oil.
Feeding Kids Tip: Try adding a vegetable you know children like to new recipes - this can help them try new things. Corn or beans or frozen peas could be added here.