Pumpkin and Bean Soup
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 large carrot, sliced
½ butternut pumpkin, diced
2 potatoes, diced
1 tin beans (e.g. cannellini), drained & washed
2 cups water + 1 salt-reduced vegetable stock cube
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. pepper
To serve: Wholemeal bread, toasted
To serve: a dollop of Low fat Greek yoghurt
- Dice and chop the vegetables.
- Place a large soup pot on medium-high heat. Add olive oil and cook diced onion for 5 minutes then add cumin and coriander.
- Add carrot, pumpkin, potato, beans, stock, cumin, coriander seeds and pepper. Stir and cover with lid. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Take off stove and check to see if vegetables are soft by inserting a fork into a larger piece.
- Mash when vegetables are soft until no chunks are left.
- Serve warm with a dollop of yoghurt and a side of toast.
Tip: Serve leftover soup into individual portions and freeze for a future dinner.