Roast Veggie Buddha Bowl
4 small potatoes, diced
1 medium sweet potato, diced
1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
2 carrots, julienned
1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
1 bunch broccolini, roughly chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups cooked quinoa (or rice)
1⁄2 medium avocado, sliced
1 lemon, cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- On the first baking tray, add the potato, sweet potato and carrots. Drizzle with half of the oil, paprika and sea salt. Toss to combine. Bake for a total of 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- On the second baking tray, add the cabbage, red capsicum and broccolini. Drizzle with the remaining oil, paprika and sea salt. Toss to combine.
- Once the potatoes and carrots have been cooking for 10 minutes, add the second tray to the oven and bake for around 15-20 minutes.
- To serve, place cooked quinoa in two bowls and divide the vegetables evenly. Garnish with avocado and season with a dressing of your choice and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Feeding Kids Tip: You can put the separate parts of this meal on the table for kids to choose from. You might suggest children include at least 3 different colours in their bowl.