Social media post
There are many easy ways to eat healthy food without the cost adding up. Here are some budget friendly tips to get you started:
- Plan your meals before you go grocery shopping. When you have a plan, you are less likely to spend money on fast food or convenience meals.
- Vegetables and fruit are cheaper when they’re in season, plus they taste great! Look for seasonal recipes that use produce that is on sale.
- Go meat-free for a day! Vegetarian options such as beans and lentils, eggs and tofu are a healthy and often much cheaper alternative to meat.
- Swap mince for tinned lentils. Lentils are a healthy and environmentally friendly swap in Bolognese, or tacos.
- Make extra to have for lunch the next day or to put in the freezer for dinner next week
For more great tips and tricks, view the Cook Well, Eat Well Budgeting Tips factsheet at www.cookwelleatwell.org.au