Stir fry rice
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 carrots
- ½ capsicum
- 2 rashers of bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 spring onions
- Cook the rice either in the microwave or on the stove.
- Microwave: Add the rice and water to a microwave save container (with lid). Microwave on high for 7-10 minutes with the lid slightly open.
- Stove: Heat rice and water in a pot on medium-high heat. Bring water to the boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Wash the carrot and capsicum under cold water. Finely dice and set aside. Finely dice the bacon and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and lightly whisk with a fork. Pour eggs into the pan and cook for a few minutes until the egg is firm. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add bacon to the pan and fry for 1 minute. Add capsicum, carrot, frozen peas, precooked rice and soy sauce.
- Slice egg into thin slices. Add to the pan.
- Fry all ingredients for 2-3 minutes.
- Thinly slice spring onions and serve stir fry rice with a sprinkle of spring onions on top.
Feeding Kids Tip: Raw vegetables make a cheap and healthy snack. If you have extra capsicum or carrot, you could cut into sticks now to snack on tomorrow.