Vegetable and chickpea curry
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons curry powder
3 teaspoons ground cumin
2x 400g can diced tomatoes
300g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
150g orange sweet potato, peeled, diced
1 large carrot, diced
1 small red capsicum, diced
250g cauliflower, cut into florets
100g button mushrooms, cut in half
4 small yellow squash, cut in half
250g broccoli, cut into florets
Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion. Cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add garlic, curry powder and cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add ½ cup water, chickpeas and all the vegetables. Turn the heat to high and bring to the boil.
- Spoon the curry into the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. If you don't have a slow cooker, you could place all ingredients in an oven proof dish, cover and cook in a 110°c in the oven.
- Add some pepper and a small amount of salt.
- Spoon the curry on the rice.
Tip: Add a squeeze of lemon juice with the chickpeas to really make the flavours in this dish sing! Top with a dollop of natural yoghurt when serving.