Cook Well, Eat Well
olive or canola oil spray
1 large brown onion
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp paprika
1 medium zucchini, grated
400 g can crushed tomatoes
1 carrot, grated
400 g can no-added-salt corn kernels, drained
400 g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained
1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
2 tomatoes, chopped
6 lettuce leaves, shredded
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with oil and place on medium to high heat.
- Cook onion for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix through cumin, coriander, paprika and season with pepper; cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add zucchini, capsicum, carrot, corn kernels, canned tomatoes and beans.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, or longer if time permits, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- If desired, heat tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute on HIGH, or according to packet instructions.
- To serve, place 2 tortillas on each plate. Top each tortilla with bean mix and sprinkle with cheese. Add tomatoes and lettuce then roll up to enclose filling.
Recipe from livelighter.com.au © State of Western Australia 2012, reproduced with permission
Tip: Add spicy salsa and guacamole for extra zing.