Cook Well, Eat Well
Ways to cook potatoes
1/2 -1 medium potato per serve
How to boil a potato
- Thoroughly wash the potatoes under cold water.
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Heat saucepan over medium-high heat until water is boiling.
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes or until soft in the middle.
- Remove the potatoes from the water and serve.
How to make mashed potatoes
- Peel the white or sweet potatoes and chop into 2cm cubes.
- Add potatoes to a saucepan and cover with water. Bring water to the boil over medium-high heat. Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Once cooked, drain potatoes using a colander or sieve.
- Place potatoes in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon milk. Mash with a potato masher or fork until soft and fluffy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with roughly chopped chives on top.